Saturday, June 27, 2009

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale, San Francisco


Today, I had the honest pleasure of donating my baked goods to San Francisco's local sale for the World Wide Vegan Bake Sale that is going on in countries all over the world this weekend. You can read more about it at www.veganbakesale.org. The purpose of this bake sale is to raise money for local charities, each location can choose whatever charities they would like the proceeds to be donated too, and the other benefit is that it will introduce people the deliciousness of vegan goodies! It is a common thought that vegan baked goods must be lacking in flavor or texture as compared to the "real thing," but let me tell you, these treats were exploding with flavor, color, texture, and all without any cholesterol or animal products! My contribution were these yummy brownies topped with a layer of Almond Butter and Toasted Coconut (mmmm yum!) and I also made a few Baked Vanilla Donuts (with sprinkles, of course) these were my favorite donut when I was little, and I love that I can make a healthier version nowadays to enjoy as an adult. It was so fun to donate to this good cause. The local proceeds are going to benefit "Animal Place" and "East Bay Animal Advocates"

No comments:

Post a Comment